Dear Hazel

Dear Hazel,
In lieu of you being born in a just a few short days, I decided to write you a quick letter!
 Let me start out with introducing myself. Hello, my name is Kellie. You can call me Aunt Kellie, Auntie, or whatever your heart desires. I am married to your Uncle Zach, preferably you would call him Uncle Whack, but we can decide what you call him later. That’s not really what is important here. What is important is that you know you are coming into a family who already loves you so much. I have loved you since I found out (first, by the way) and I have dreamed about meeting you quite frequently. I have had moments where I caught myself day-dreaming about all of the fun things I get to do as “Aunt Kellie” and as you get closer to entering this earth, those day-dreams are becoming impossible to control.  
Hazel, you are coming into this world fresh and new. Quite literally, you are unflawed, and I hope you stay that way. This world will try to bump and bruise you, but I’m letting you know now, that you can conquer it. By keeping a positive attitude and a great faith in the Lord, I promise, you will be okay.  This world is icky. Terrible things happen here. Some days, the darkest clouds gloom above us but they dissipate into wonderful rainbows full of God’s promise. My advice to you is stay away from tabloids and social media; stick to the facts and always ignore gossip. Always choose love and avoid the word “hate”. Never call a woman fat, use the word “retard”, or use the Lords name in vein. Think twice before speaking and never send angry text messages (or brain waves. Who knows what technology will be like for you).  Always, always, ALWAYS wear a seat belt and try to go the speed limit (5 over is okay, but you CAN get a speeding ticket. I gave you fair warning.) Go to college or a trade school, but don’t limit your education to finishing high school. Learn a skill that you will love and want to do for the rest of your life. Most importantly, remember your family is here and we will always be behind you in anything you do.
You are so loved. You were loved from the moment we knew about you and that love has only multiplied. I can’t wait to meet you. I can’t wait to watch you grow up and I can’t wait to see who you become. You have the best parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. Your support network is incredible. Come out when you’re ready but just know, we’re dying to meet you!

Love,

Aunt Kellie and Uncle Zach 
(and Baby Sadettanh)

Comments

Popular Posts